Merchandise Planner to GANT Nordics
Merchandising & Logistics · Stockholm Office
Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution-driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business-oriented with a strong belief that you should Never Stop Learning.
GANT is now looking for a dedicated Merchandise Planner to our Nordic Planning & Merchandise department. By being the local expert on product and consumer demand we ensure sales and stock targets for all channels. Leading local initiatives by analyzing, identifying and presenting threats & opportunities to internal stakeholders.
About the role
As part of the Nordic Merchandise team, you will be the local expert communicating local product needs for assigned lines and price levels in the competitive landscape. You will be responsible for the Category forecast for the assigned area for the region/market based on data-driven statistical information merged, with intelligence gathered from multiple inputs such as financial plans, market plans, sales plans, in all sales channels (Retail, E-COM, Outlet and Wholesale).
You are responsible for activations, sell through and stock turn in the region/market, and also optimizing net selling and growth through setting strategies, clear commercial focuses and quantified goals and actions. You will be engaged in the daily business with a long term outlook, committed to analytical and process improvements that drive sales and profitability and serve as the main contact person between the market and the global office at GANT.
This role will be based on GANT's head office in Stockholm and you will report to our Planning & Merchandising Director Nordics.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results vs plan and forecast in-season sales and inventory on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Monitor product availability in regional warehouses to identify product opportunities in order to drive local commercial initiatives
- Optimizing sales from a stock perspective, propose business case on strategies to optimize sell through in each sales channel
- Leading the commercial calendar locally, reviewing global calendar and suggesting local deviation to global plan where appropriate based on analysi.
- Act as the link in the region between marketing and sales channels to optimize commercial calendar and product initiatives
- Review regional performance in all channels and conduct competitive analysis to feedback to regional and global teams
- Review delivery schedule and analyze risk due to any potential delays and take appropriate actions in each sales channel
- Create forecast on category level by using data-driven statistical information merged with intelligence gathered from multiple inputs such as financial plans, market plans, sales plans and feedback to global teams
- Collects customer and market competitive feedback and communicates this back into the organization; Share insights with cross-functional partners, ensuring the voice of the consumer is well accounted for in future plans and strategies
- Communicate local needs and communicate back to the organization.
- Constantly review ways of working and suggest new routines where appropriate
- Mentor and lead Junior Merchandise Planner
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 3-5 years merchandising/demand planning experience (Retail, e-com or Wholesale – or combined)
- Experience with inventory management, shrink and profit margins
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of fashion industry in conjunction with different channels of distribution
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; computer proficient with Microsoft applications
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to change and maintain composure under pressure
- Strong systems understanding
- Strong proficiency in EXCEL
- Fluently in English written and spoken
- Commercial awareness - Understands customer trends and keeps focus on competitive landscape
- Thorough understanding of both syndicated and internal data, marketing research, and current product sales and industry trends.
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in Flipping the Ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter by 2021/12/05. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.