GANT Sweden is growing to become a Nordic organization. To strengthen our Finance team, we are now looking for a Financial Controller to support our continuous growth. It is a new role with great potential to grow a career within the GANT family and form the role after ever changing prerequisites and changing retail environment.
As Financial Controller GANT Nordic you will work closely together with Nordic Finance Director as well as Nordic Business Controller. You play an important part in the financial follow-up and report to Finance Director Nordic.
The overall responsibility is to undertake all aspects of the financial data flow, including accounting, statutory reporting, VAT reporting and preparation of financial budget and forecast. The role also includes reconciliation of balance sheets accounts as well as cash flow analysis. You will also be responsible for ensuring that all internal controls and policies are in place in the new organization and develop new controls where ever needed to ensure GANT Nordic risk compliance.
Who are you?
The role as Financial Controller Nordic is new in the organization and therefore sets high demands on a strong personal drive and taking personal responsibility. You have experience of implementing and aligning processes and have worked with processes transformation. You can document processes and policies for external as well as internal auditors.
As a person you are curious and prestigeless and enjoy a challenging work environment. You are responsible and accurate with strong analytic skills. You like to work proactively and have an eye for identifying improvement areas.
You are an advanced Excel user and are used to handle big data. You have deep experience from financial systems such as SAP, HFM etc. and are challenged by a full system integration project.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Assisting in aligning Nordic reporting and system implementation
- Preparation of budget and forecast for Nordics
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting for Nordic
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Perform and develop the company’s internal controls for Nordics
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Perform cash flow analysis
- VAT reporting
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts Budget and Forcast
- Risk compliance work Nordic
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- Proven experience from internal audit processes
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting. Master's degree in meriting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
What we offer
- Taking part in our growing and successful omnichannel journey
- Possibilities for growth and development; our credo is “Never stop learning”
- Be a part of a great diverse team, where you'll never feel bored
- Competitive compensation and pension scheme
- Performance & value based culture
The advert will be open during the summer, it can therefore be a delay on feedback on your application and we ask for patience in the process. We interview candidates continuously after vacation time and therefore ask you to send in your CV and cover letter as soon as possible but no later than 2020/08/03.