Do you dare to fail and Never Stop Learning? At GANT we are passionate and curious in everything we do. Through our performance and solution driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We are brand and business oriented with a strong believe in that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the role
As part of the Merchandise team, you will be responsible for executing and developing assortment plans and managing inventory at multiple store locations to maximize sales and profit. You will be responsible for the planning and tracking of the open to buy, forecasting and analysis of all apparel and accessories in the house of GANT Nordics. You will be engaged in the daily business with long term outlook, committed to analytical and process improvements that drives sales and profitability.
- Develop assortment plans in line with strategic goals
- Identify geographic and market trends using statistical analysis, store visits, competitors and product reviews together with the sales team
- Analyze product performance data
- Manage area of responsibility such as stock control and inventory controls - minimize stock variances and cost related to stock
- Provide quarterly, monthly and weekly reports and deliver recommendations based on top performing categories
- Work with sale channels on free stock clearance plans to maximize FP sales
- Coordinate with marketing and merchandising for cross promotional opportunities, events and deals.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to influence business growth opportunities
- Plan and execute in line with the marketing calendar to support initiatives
- Create forecasts using history, current trends, regional forecasts, market conditions and other relevant information.
- Prepare detailed range plans and option details including size ratios
- Develop and provide the Sales Teams with tools and strategies needed to succeed and hit revenue goals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swedish.
- Demand or Merchandise Planning experience, retail, e-com or wholesale or combination
- Strong working knowledge of apparel/accessory industry in conjunction with different channels of distribution
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Intermediate Excel skills with formulas, pivot tables, vlookups and charts & graphs; an advanced understanding of retail math.
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment
- Solid written and verbal communicator
- Understands customer trends and keeps focus on competitive landscape
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to change and maintain composure under pressure.
- Strong systems understanding
- Knowledge of the digital commerce space and emerging trends
What we offer
- Taking part in our growing and successful retail journey.
- Possibilities for growth and development; our credo is “Never Stop Learning”.
- Passionate colleagues who respect one another, and genuinely get along.
- Be a part of a great team, where you'll never feel bored.
- Competitive compensation and pension scheme.
- Yoga, soccer, running as well as our very own choir.
- Great discounts on clothing.
- Performance based culture and bonus structure.
- Beautiful head office in Stockholm, Frihamnen
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in flipping the ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
We interview candidates continuously and therefore we ask you to send in your CV and cover letter as soon as possible but no later than 2019/10/21
GANT is the original American lifestyle brand with European sophistication, offering premium clothing, accessories and home furnishings for men, women and kids. Born in 1949 on the campuses of the American East Coast universities and raised in Europe, GANT enjoys a global presence in over 70 markets, 750 stores and 4,000 selected retailers. Please visit gant.com for more information and get to know us by following Lifeatgant!